LeBron James is every single positive adjective you could think of when you objectively think about basketball. Please notice the italicized “objectively.” Yes, haters are going to hate, but when you think about it, empirically, LeBron James is that dude. Despite all of that, is he getting paid what he’s truly worth? CableTV.com breaks down why he’s actually not!
For example, here are some head-scratching findings by CableTV.com:
- LeBron James is the 13th highest paid player in the NBA. Players ahead of him include Gilbert Arenas, Brandon Roy, and Elton Brand.
- The year after gaining LeBron, the Miami Heat saw a 99% increase in the their local TV ratings on Sun Sports Network.
- From 2010 (Before The Decision) to 2012 (After The Decision), the franchise value of the Miami Heat increased by $93 million (from $364 million to $457 million)
Check the infographic below:
LeBron James Is Underpaid – An infographic by the team at CableTV.com
So, as you watch LeBron James trying to get back-to-back NBA titles for his Miami Heat, you should feel bad that he’s not getting the money that he should. Okay, maybe it’s okay to hate on LeBron after all.
Latest posts by Dennis Velasco (see all)
- 2015-16 NBA Season Preview: Brooklyn Nets - October 6, 2015
- 2015 NFL Season Preview: AFC East - August 31, 2015
- Fantasy Football: Top 20 NFL Players For Each Position - August 17, 2015