- NBA Hip Hop Lyric of the Week: Action Bronson’s Blue Chips 2
- Camo For Bunnies: Nike KD VI ‘Easter’
- The rebuilding process continues for Rob Hennigan in Orlando
- A farewell from Houston Rockets fans to Greg Smith
- BMF Roundtable: 2013-14 NBA Playoffs Edition
- Cleveland Cavaliers end another season in disappointment
Nets targeting the struggling Ersan Ilyasova
- Updated: December 17, 2012
Gery Woelfel: Ersan Ilyasova, you know, during the summer was courted by a handful of teams, by the Bucks but most seriously by the Bucks, Nets and Raptors and I have it on very good authority that the Nets are still trying to pursue Ersan and trying to figure out a way in which to obtain him. I think that’s something to keep an eye on as we got forward here. NetsDaily
Ilyasova had a monster breakout season last year which earned him a shiny new big fat 5 year, $45 million dollar contract. This season Ersan has struggled mightily on the court, much to the chagrin of (Task Master) Coach Scott Skiles. Skiles is known for keeping his players on a tight leash, which translates to any mistake made leads to a quick trip to the bench. Although Ilyasova has been up and down this season, he is now coming off the bench and seems to be turning things around.
The early rumors swirling around the intwerwebs are that if the Bucks would trade Ersan to the Nets, MarShon Brooks and rookie Tyshawn Taylor would likely be their main targets. Brooks Had a great rookie season, but has spent most of his time this year on the bench as the Nets are much deeper with an improved roster. We all know with most trade rumors you have to take it with a grain off salt, but this one does seem to make some sense for both sides. Stay tuned.