- Chicago Bulls Weekly Review
- Under pressure: The uphill battle of the Dallas Mavericks’ power struggle
- NBA Hip Hop Lyric of the Week: Public Enemy, Rebel Without a Pause
- Who is leading the pack for NBA Rookie of the Year?
- Al Jefferson: Top 3 fantasy basketball center
- Los Angeles Clippers clicking on all cylinders
Toronto Raptors: Season 18 Is Coming commercial
- Updated: September 20, 2012
The below Toronto Raptors commercial is short and to the point. Coming in at only 21 seconds, it shows various Raptors players preparing for the 2012-13 NBA season – cycling on a stationary bike, shooting jumpers, doing shoulder presses, and the like. If you’re a Raptors fan, this will certainly get you excited for the new season, which is obviously the 18th if we’re to trust the Raptors organization’s titling of the video. Check it out:
There will be some new faces up in the T-Dot, particularly a new backcourt of Kyle Lowry (formerly of the Houston Rockets) and Landry Fields (formerly of the New York Knicks). Also, rookie center Jonas Valanciunas is creating a buzz after being drafted in 2011, but having to wait to finish out his tenure overseas before hitting the NBA. I’m not sure there’s a whole lot to get excited about the team, however, other than the tried and true “potential” most teams that won’t do particularly well end up clinging to.
The team is certainly young and Valanciunas, a classic back-to-the-basket big man has some upside and should complement current “star” Andrea Bargnani, another European big that does his damage on the perimeter. The team will need some time to gel because of the new pieces in place, so maybe it’s time to look forward to the 19th season?
Just kidding, Toronto… don’t hate me.